Thursday, May 15, 2014

Master of the kitchen

I just wanna toast some bread

In prepping for our trip I perused numerous travel guides and blogs making sure I knew some of the key nuances specific to Paris. I learned things like I am not to place my hands in my lap while eating, coffee is less expensive if ordered at the bar versus a table and I should only spread something on my bread at breakfast (otherwise its per bite). What I dont know and no one is writing about, is how to use the major appliances. Sure there are pictures to represent the different cooking options on the oven and if you push enough buttons on the microwave it will eventually start but why can't these everyday culinary accoutrements be universal. Luckily our landlord left all the appliance instruction books in the cupboard so problem solved as all appliance instruction books come in multiple languages, right? The manual for the microwave was a no go as there were no English instructions, I even turned the book upside down but on the bright side the oven manual was in English and turns out it is also a convection oven so we may have toast in the morning. 

Our second day was low key and everything we wanted it to be. A breakfast consisting of a bowl of fresh fruit and chocolate de pain. A wonderful excursion to Gardette Park which was filled with a language we can all understand, the sound of children laughing. A tour of the 11th and 10th arrondissements,our senses on overload with all the people, cafe's, scooters and history. I can't imagine trying to take it all in during a normal vacation period. Capping off the evening with a steak  dinner and the most amazing food item ever invented,Nutella.

Fruit and chocolate de pain

Gardette Park

Park time

Everywhere you go

Lunch!


11th Arrondissement 

Train station

Theater

Plaza de tired bebe

Blue Cheese Brie?

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics and I can only imagine the damage you are going to do in that kitchen. Yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dena - the oven and I have made up and we are friends...lol

    ReplyDelete